Make your own Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom Enchiladas, courtesy of Chuy’s Tex-Mex in North Little Rock! But if you don’t feel like cooking, be sure to stop by and try the “original” – these enchiladas are a huge favorite.
- Corn Tortillas – 10 each
- Cooked, Roasted Chicken – 1 ¼ lb
- Mixed Cheese – As needed
For Boom-Boom Sauce:
- Vegetable Broth – ½ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Spices – ¼ tbsp
- Roasted Green Chiles – ¾ lb
- Tomatillos – 2 oz
- Cilantro – 1 ½ oz
- Green Onions – 1 oz
- Serranos, minced – ¾ oz
- Lime Juice – ½ oz
- Cheese – 1 ¼ lb
1. In a saucepan, add vegetable broth, water and spices and place over a medium to high flame.
2. Using a food processor, puree roasted green chiles, tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, serranos and lime juice.
3. Add to a large pot, stirring well. Bring mixture to a slow boil.
4. Lower flame and slowly add cheese, whipping as needed to remove clumps and make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. When the cheese is melted and mixed, remove from heat.
To make enchiladas, fill a corn tortilla with 2 ounces of cooked, roasted chicken. Roll up and place in a baking pan. Top with mixed cheese, as needed. Warm in a hot oven for 4 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with Boom-Boom Sauce.
Chuy’s Tex-Mex is located at 5105 Warden Road in North Little Rock and is open Sunday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Call (501) 771-2440, visit their website or find them on Chef Shuttle.